Allow your users to like content!
BuddyPress Like was once the top plugin for allowing your users to like content they approved of on a BuddyPress powered site. It’s now back, having been fixed up for the latest version of BuddyPress so you and your users can now once again enjoy the ability of liking content on your site once again.
BuddyPress Like Features
- The ability for users to like BuddyPress activity updates, blog posts and comments.
- Fully translatable terms, from both the usual WordPress process of I18n, and the ability to customize the terms from the settings page.
- Works with any WordPress theme.
Proposed future features
These are some ideas I’ve thought about adding in future releases. Demand, and my time will be major factors in whether a lot of this will be developed or not.
- Code overhaul – I’ve already started work on fixing up the code, but I’d like to tidy this up a lot more. The plugin works well, but I’d like to get it to a higher standard. I’m sure there’s some BuddyPress functions I’m not making use of, I want to change this.
- More languages – While the plugin allows for customizing of the terms from a settings menu, I’d like to bundle as many languages as possible. I’d be grateful of any help in this area.
- Content Popularity Stats – I’d like to be able to add the ability to show the most popular content on a site. Showing this on a per user basis is another possibility. Organizing the activity feed based on popularity, and displaying a user’s most popular content on their profile are two possible examples. Widgets and short codes are something I’ve thought about too. Giving admins the ability to email their users about the site’s most popular content is another idea.
- Support more content – It’s now possible to add different activity types in BuddyPress, and custom post types in WordPress, this is something I’d like to investigate more.
- Improved Admin – I want this plugin to be as simple as possible to use, and I don’t want to force these new features on users who may not want them. Improved setting where the different plugin features can be turned off will allow this.
- Support – I like good support, my plans at the moment are to include contextual help, and other avenues of support.
- Notifications – another BuddyPress feature I think would suit this plugin awesome is its notifications. I’d like to look into support this in the plugin. Notifying users when their content is liked.
- Privacy – User privacy is something I need to look into more.
If you’ve any feedback or are using the plugin I’d love to know!